Reflections: Photography

/
1 Comments
Idea

I think the idea of memories should be raw. For this project I don't want to have to fabricate anything other than reality and my theory is that the work will mean a lot more to me if I work like this - work that means more to me will allow me to put maximum effort into it and allow me to be proud of what I produce at the end. My plan is to take photos to document my first year life at university - parties, birthdays, events, class - things that I can look back at and say "yup that represented my first year." The photos will look like polaroids to make them look even more raw but to achieve this effect I want to use photoshop along with digital images. Underneath each image will be a word or phrase to describe the picture, or something that represents or relates to whatever is happening within the photo.  



Display


Inspiration for displays:





I don't want to display the photographs on a mount board as personally I don't find this as interesting, as I learnt from the last photography project, so I have looked into other ways I could display. I feel like dream catchers represent me to a certain extent as they are one of the only things that I have been collecting for many years, owning about 20 different types and looks and I thought seeing as my project is personal maybe I could incorporate them into the display. I've been looking into tutorials into how to make them...



The photos would then dangle beneath the dream catcher. Throughout the strings, just like the one displayed I would place mini items that represent the memories. 





You may also like

1 comment:

  1. You have got off to a great start with the blog but it is along time since you posted anything. There is nothing worse than a dead blog! And particular concerns me because your pitch was chosen but I can't find anything on here that relates to it. That may be because navigation is a bit tricky so please let me know if I have missed something.

    Re the photo work - we need to discuss this tomorrow. Your ideas for presentation are interesting but you need some work on the concept. Try to move away from 'the self' and adopt a more universal approach to the themes of the brief otherwise you are a bit 'stuck' in the same themes as last semesters project.

    ReplyDelete