Maps and Journeys : Psychogeography Task Idea

/
0 Comments
My idea for the task is to go out around a previous unexplored part of Farnham in a random pattern and take photos of the environment and anything I find interesting or unusual on the journey. Once I have gathered the images, I plan to write a short story based off what is in the photos/ the locations I have travelled. Specific features from the story, such as characters, will then be illustrated on paper, scanned in to the computer and digitally placed over the photography pieces in order to have visuals for the story in a way similar to what is seen below : 










This is the style of photographer Ben Heine (owner of the above images) in which he takes a photo often of a location and then illustrates a character or scenario etc which then is placed over the original copy. This can change the mood or tone of the image, for example adding a touch of humour to whatever is happening in the photo. 

I personally think this would be a cool way to manipulate the photos and create my story, similar to a children's storybook. I think it could be a lot of fun, looking at my newly discovered locations that I don't know a lot about and creating my own fantasy-esque background to them.




You may also like

No comments: