Maps and Journeys : Editing the Tests Together (Frontal Lobe)

/
0 Comments
To create the rough edit, I thought I would continue to use Avid to test my skills and improve my knowledge from what I learnt through the Avid workshop. 

After importing the footage, I arranged each clip into bins for good organisation and easy access when I need to find a specific shot. I created a bin for the new sequence as well, to begin with the edit on the timeline. 
Bin window organisation, including sequence

I then created a rough edit, with no cuts just the footage in it's entirety placed together in order on the timeline. For this I had to pick out the best version of each shot from the associated bins. 


After this I tried to make the cuts between shots flow together to make it seem seamless/ more like one take. I did this by making the start point of the incoming shot as similar to the end point of the outgoing shot as possible so that there is not a massive noticeable cut between the two and it flows nicely. I created a mark in point in the source monitor, while viewing the record monitor to see the end point of the outgoing shot so as I could match them accurately and then spliced them into the timeline.


To make sure that I didn't have to start the entire project again, I duplicated the sequence, placed it in the sequences bin and named it 'POV Sequence 1 Cuts Version.' This ensured that if I made any mistakes in this cut version, the original would not be affected, and I could go back and work from that instead if a problem occurred. 


I created jump cuts by using the 'Add Edit' button, cutting the timeline up and then deleting the section that I didn't want in the final piece. 

Highlighted section to be removed after placing an Add Edit

The final timeline cut

After reviewing the piece to make sure I was happy with where the cuts had been placed, I exported it to be played 'on Youtube.'



You may also like

No comments: