Time Art : Evaluation

/
0 Comments
Final Project

My final film consists of two screens showing a variety of found footage clips of the effects and factors that cause Global Warming. A hurricane can be seen at one point, representing the dramatic increase.  The middle screen is of the Earth slowly deteriorating from this. 

What I've Learned

  • Using CC sphere
  • Using textures to create a planet
  • Working with lens flares (even though this was not used in the end, it can be seen in my trial of the earth previously posted)
  • Overlaying video clips onto one composition 
  • Practising with creating explosions (Not used in final) 
  • Rendering of videos in AE 


Feelings

I had a hard time with the project as I found getting to grips with After Effects to be very challenging. As a beginner, even learning the effects proved to be stressful and left me very confused at many times. However I feel that the whole process has been a learning curve and I can now use AE to a certain extent. I'm happy with the effects that I have learned to use and hopefully this will be a good start to continuing with my learning of the software in the future. I've enjoyed seeing the Earth (screen two) come together, as it was a lot of work and I think it turned out to look semi-decent. If I had've managed my time better, I would have preferred to add some text showing some facts based around Global Warming. I feel the hurricane doesn't make sense without it. 

If I had to re-do the project, I would probably use a less after - effected route and try and make the project more simple. I think I was too ambitious with what I wanted to achieve through it based on my lack of knowledge of AE before the project started. I also think I would narrow my theme down to something more limited that Global Warming, and while I am interested in the topic, I feel like it was too broad and I got confused as to what I should include. 


You may also like

No comments: