Reflections Film : Idea

/
0 Comments
Background

My idea for the film is that it will be about how people change and develop as they move away from home, such as to university.  This is a very significant period in a lot of young people's lives and I feel it could make an interesting piece to look at their emotions and feelings on the subject. Moving from Northern Ireland to England for me was personally a very big change that has effected me in many different ways and I've had to learn to do a lot of growing up in such a fast period of time. Generally in NI not many people leave and having about 98% of my friends stay back home has created a whole new reality for me. Personally I know that I am a very different person to what I was like before I moved and I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel like this. I have an interest into how others have coped with this transition and whether or not they feel they have changed at all during the process. 

Film

The film will consist of many different interviews from our fellow students and friends, about how they have grown and developed in their time away from home (if they have at all).  The interviewees, one at a time, will hold a photo up to the camera. Behind them a clip of their memories (footage they have donated) will be playing. This will then cut to more memories without them standing in front of the camera, creating a nostalgic feel. We will create a soundtrack for it out of their voices : the plan is to cut out keywords from their interviews and only put these into the film. For example if someone answered with 'I feel I have become more confident over the past few weeks' we would use only the 'more confident' part. I'm hoping this will highlight the main emotions more and make the piece more interesting than if we simply placed the entire interview over the clips. I got inspiration from this from one of the screenings when we were shown the short BBC2 documentary Blight which featured a collaboration between a director John Smith and a composer Jocelyn Pook.

Blight (1997)




You may also like

No comments: