3D Modelling : Building A New Spaceship

/
0 Comments
I said in my last post I was going to try and practise throughout the week before the next lesson, so I spent a night calmly building a spaceship without being under pressure. 

I firstly thought more about what shape I wanted it to take on and where I wanted to place the wings. Then I began with a cube and going into 'Face' mode.  I selected the face I wanted to change and used the extrude tool to extend the shape outwards at the sides. I used the re-shape and move object tools to manipulate the shape to get the right hight and angle. 


On these extended sides I selected the face I wanted to extend and hit the G key on my keyboard to go to the extrude tool. I then used the re-size tool to move the face of the new cube inwards and used the move tool to pull it outwards from the rest of the object. This resulted in wings. 



On the two faces that are on either side of the main front compartment, I used the same technique but used the move object tool to push them further inwards. This was also done on the back to create ducts for the engine to fire out. 

Front of ship

 I added more to the back of the spaceship to make it longer and roomier, and added another section to the top, tilting it so it looks like a screen window.




Reflections

I'm a lot happier with this design than my first attempt in class. Hopefully tomorrow I can maybe add a bit more to the design and colour / texture it as well. It was nice not having to learn things under pressure and just relax and have fun with the model. It's made me feel a lot more confident with how tomorrow will go and hopefully I'm on the right track with learning the software. It's been a hard process so far, but I am dedicated to trying as hard as I can to be alright at it! 



You may also like

No comments: