Avid : Silent Woods (Post 2)

/
0 Comments
To open my sequence I went to the sequences bin, entitled 'Silent Woods Sequences' from before, and then double clicked on the sequence 'Silent Woods Rough Edit.' Footage is then ready to be added to the timeline window in order to begin the edit - the timeline looking as follows :

Timeline window after opening a fresh sequence

To make things easier for future use, I added a new video track by using the shortcut 'ctrl - y.' This appears as V2.



I looked through the bins to find a suitable clip to begin the scene with. After finding one from the 'Entering Car' bin, I double clicked the clip so that it was playable through the source monitor in the composer window. Next I marked in and out points using the 'I' and 'O' keys as a shortcut around the parts of the clip that I wanted to use. Then I pasted it in using 'v' as a shortcut. 


Next I began making different cuts by marking in and out points around the selected material in the source window, then marking an in point on the timeline and using splice-in or overwrite (depending on the cut) to add them to this point. 


I noticed the sound had an unwanted extra noise in between two cuts. To find the source of this in order to remove it by trimming, I enabled waveforms through the 'Fast Menu' and then 'Audio Data' and choosing 'Waveform' from the selection. As you can see from the picture below, the unwanted noise is on the left clip just before the cut point. 

Unwanted sound from previous clip running into the next

Therefore using the segment mode (Extract / Splice-in) I moved the cut slightly to the left. The unwanted noise was then removed as visible below, making the sound a smooth through the cut. 

Unwanted noise has been edited out to create a better transition between the clips



You may also like

No comments: