Avid : Silent Woods (Post 10 - Fade To Colour Quick Transition and Credits)

/
0 Comments
At the ending of the edit, the car drives off into the distance. There is a fade at the end of this clip, however it takes a long time occur and it very jittery, so therefore I thought I would put my own smoother fade at a more appropriate length for my edit. To do this is similar to how I used Dissolve for the sound section. 

I opened the 'Quick Transition Tool and in the Add section I chose 'Fade to Color.' Since this was only to effect the visuals I disabled the sound, A1, A2, A3 and A4, and enabled the video tracks V1 and V2.  I then moved the duration slider slightly more towards the A side of the clip, as this is where I thought would be best. 


I also used this technique, but as a dissolve instead of a fade, between the ending shot of the actors and the ending shot of the car driving off before the credits. 


Then I created credits for the edit, by going back into 'New Title' and typing my name. I chose a similar yellow to the title sequence for the text's colour. Even though there's only me as editor for this I decided to use rolling credits for the purpose of this exercise to show I know how to create them! Once the credits were done I selected the 'Roll' button at the bottom of the window.

Finished credits

The roll button 

I saved the title in the 'Title and Credits' bin and then marked in and out points before splicing in at the end of the timeline.

Credits on timeline






You may also like

No comments: