3D Modelling : Designing my Improved Spaceship

/
0 Comments
Beginning again from where I left off from my 'Building a New Spaceship' post...Here is what the final model looked like :

Finalised spaceship 

I then UV mapped the spaceship by going to 'Create UVs' and then selecting the appropriate form of mapping. I used a lot of Planar Mapping for this model. 


UV mapping the ship

Then I opened the UV Texture Editor by going to Edit UVs > UV Texture Editor. There I re-arranged the different sections so they were clear to see and design and then scaled them to fit inside the grid.

Sections re-arranged and scaled

I then created a UV Snapshot to import into Photoshop in order to begin deigning the Model. To do this I went to Polygons > UV Snapshot. I changed the size to 1018 by 1018 and the image format to TIFF and clicked ok. 

Final UV Snapshot

In photoshop I added a metal like texture to the main body of the spaceship, a shiny blue texture to the window and a fire texture to the back where the engine is. I added some red detailing to it as well. 

Design on Photoshop

I removed the background layer with the sections of the spaceship on it, having only the design remaining like this: 

Final texture for spaceship

I saved the photoshop image as a JPEG and then added it as a file to a blinn in Maya.

Adding texture


Final Spaceship



You may also like

No comments: