Avid : Silent Woods (Post 3)

/
0 Comments
To get rid of unwanted / extra footage that I found I no longer needed on the timeline when going over my edit, I put the playhead over at the end of where I wanted to get rid of and used the shortcut 'N.' This then spliced the clip apart from the rest of what it was connected too. I created two of these around the unwanted area, then highlighted the area making sure the 'Link Selection Toggle' is selected (to ensure everything associated with the unwanted clip such as sound gets removed). Clicking backspace then removes the clip. In this case I had the segment mode in 'Extract / Splice - in' selected which automatically snapped the next clip to the clip before the deleted section. 

Playhead at point I want to cut


After selecting 'N' I have highlighted the area to delete

The result : section has been taken away and everything to the right of it moves into it's place

I also began using the overwrite tool at this stage rather than splice - in. For example, for the shot of the ornaments in my rough edit, I carried out the usual procedure of marking 'in' and 'out' points in the source window of my selected footage and then marking an in point on my timeline for where I wanted to new footage to go. However this time I de-selected the 'Link Selection Toggle' so that the audio and visual were not synched together when trying to edit. I also disabled the audio tracks A1 and A2, leaving only V1 enabled, so that my edit to the visuals would not effect the sound, and it would remain exactly where it was.

Link Selection Toggle de-selected

Only V1 enabled (A1 and A2 disabled)

Finally at my in point on the timeline, instead of using the shortcut 'V' to splice - in, I used the shortcut 'B' to over-rite' the footage. 

Before over-rite


After over-rite (the ornament cut has been placed in)

This is helpful to fix any footage that doesn't have sound attached to it, such as in this case. 



You may also like

No comments: