Avid : Silent Woods (Post 11 - Bars, Tones and Clocks)

/
0 Comments
Firstly I created a new bin called 'Clocks and Bars.' I then found a clock from my computer and imported it in by holding alt and dragging it into the 'Clocks and Bars' bin in Avid.




I created a 'New Title,' as shown before, in order to fill out the information on the clock clip. 


Then to find the bars, I right clicked in the 'Clocks and Bars' bin and chose import. The in the import menu I went to my applications > Avid > Supporting Files > Test Patterns > HD_1080 and chose the file SMPTE_Bars.tiff. After this I selected 'open' and this imported the bars into the bin. 


Next I had to create a tone for the bars. I did this by going to Tool > Audio Tool. 


Audio Tool

I selected PH > Create Tone Media, allowing the Create Tone Media menu to pop up. I set the tone media level to -18dB and saved it to the 'Clocks and Bars' bin. 


The bin looked as follows :


To make room on the timeline at the beginning to add the clocks and bars, I went to Clip > Add Filler at Start.



I then placed the bars for 10 seconds using in and out markers at the beginning, followed by the clock aligned with the title I had created for it, leaving a few second space of filler between the clock and the beginning of Silent Woods. 




You may also like

No comments: