Avid : Silent Woods (Post 6 - Hiding Jump Cuts with Fluid Morph)

/
0 Comments
In the final edit, I took a clip out that had been split between the same shot (the master shot). This resulted in the same clip being side by side, and a slight jump cut between the two. To correct this I thought I would try using the Fluid Morph to transition better and make the edit flow more seamlessly. 

The master shot split in two with slight jump in cut

To add the Fuid Morph I went to 'Tools' and then 'Effect Palette.' In  the Effect Palette, I chose 'Illusion FX' and then selected and dragged 'Fluid Morph' in between the clips on my timeline.



Next I went to the 'Effect Editor', from the symbol on the timeline that looks like this : 


In the source I chose 'Still > Stream' as this splits the difference by creating a freeze frame for one of the shots, and allowing the other to have normal motion, creating the most realistic result for me. I also enabled the 'Feature Match' option. 


Finally, I clicked the 'Render Effect' button in the bottom left of the 'Effect Editor'

Render Effect button

Render effect menu that pops up after selecting to render (click ok)

Rendering the effect




You may also like

No comments: